Keynote Talk on Demedicalising Distress in Powys, September 2013
Watch my recent talk on Demedicalising Distress in Powys on YouTube.
The Powys Mental Health team invites you to a free conference they are organising in in Llandrindod Wells.
Shaping Services Together.
- Should the question underpinning how we shape our mental health services be “what has happened to you” rather than “what is wrong with you”? Main Speaker Jacqui Dillon.
- Do you use or have you ever used mental health services or are you close to someone who has? Do you think that your experiences of mental health services could help change how services are planned and delivered?
- Do you want to know how you, no matter what your age, might become more involved in shaping our mental health services nationally and locally?
- Key decision makers coming. Do you have something to say about the welfare benefit system and the changes?
Everyone welcome, all you need is you to be interested in the questions above. We can provide free transport to you if you live in Powys.
Lunch and refreshments will be available.
Thursday, 19th September 2013, 10:15 a.m – 4:00 p.m. The Pavilion, Spa Road, Llandrindod Wells, Powys LD1 5EY
To Book or find out more call Glynis Luke on 01597 822 191 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org or book online here This is your opportunity to debate and communicate directly with national and local decision makers about mental health services.
Our keynote speaker is Jacqui Dillon, writer, campaigner, international speaker and trainer.
English poster here and leaflet here. Welsh poster here and leaflet here
This is one of three conferences across Wales funded and supported by Welsh Government and Public HealtH Wales. The other two are:
- Thurs 12th September in Rhyl called Measuring Up. More here.
- Wed 23rd October in Cardiff called Know Your Rights. More here.
These events are part of the Stronger in Partnership initiative, you can find out more about Powys Stronger in Partnership here.
You can download some information about the event here and there is more on our blog here.
Booking for the event is now open – click here.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!